Shope Concrete has been providing quality concrete and accessory materials to the Tri-city area for over a century. Shope Concrete employees can be a part of a team where they can grow and succeed. Shope Concrete is currently hiring for Truck Drivers to deliver concrete products to residential and business customers. This is a local delivery position, so while hours are typically plentiful, drivers are able to be home every night.
- Performs pre-trip inspection of truck pursuant to D.O.T. regulations.
- Operates and maintains mixer or dump truck and other equipment in accordance with company policies and legal guidelines.
- Safely drives truck to job site and arrives with the desired product within customer or job specifications.
- Prior to leaving job site, driver is responsible for completing all paperwork and collection of moneys if necessary and ensure that the customer is satisfied with the product as delivered.
- Performs a post-trip inspection of truck pursuant to DOT regulations.
- Regular work attendance required
- Is an active and positive member of the Shope team and abide by company policies and procedures.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Able to speak and comprehend English
- Operational knowledge of tools/machinery generally used in construction
- Understand and apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, multiplication
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Truck drivers are responsible for the safe delivery of concrete products or accessories and other associated products to job sites in a way that meets the timing and quality needs of the customer and within the regulatory compliance of Federal, State, and local jurisdictions.