Shope Concrete has been providing quality concrete and accessory materials to the Tri-city area for over a century. Shope Concrete employees can be a part of a team where they can grow and succeed. Shope Concrete is currently hiring for Truck Drivers to deliver concrete products to residential and business customers. This is a local delivery position, so while hours are typically plentiful, drivers are able to be home every night.
- Work with the Sales Manager to ensure pricing continuity.
- Participate in weekly meetings with sales manager to review sales & customers.
- Ensure that walk in costumers are taken care with the highest customer service standards.
- Answer the phone for Shope Concrete.
- Return customer calls in a timely manner.
- Assist the Sales Manager in fulfilling customer material requirements by coordinating with production and dispatch to ensure accurate & timely delivery.
- Regular work attendance required
- Is an active and positive member of the Shope team and abide by company policies and procedures.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Able to speak and comprehend English
- Participate with Sales Manager in setting yearly sales goals.
- Maintain log showing all quotes given to customers.
- Ensure quotes are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Search the plan centers daily for new jobs.
- Create quotes from take off’s.
- Search out specification requirements to ensure our quotes reflect complete requirements.
- Ensure original quote changes or modifications are signed off by customer and reflect any price changes.
- Submit to Sales Manager for review any special order items that are outside of standard manufactured products.
- Confirm with customer status of sold job.
- Confirm with customer status of unsold jobs.
- Inquire with customer the reason/s for lost job.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager in developing a customer visitation schedule.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager in developing a new and former customer contact plan.
- Assist Sales Department by creating “sold jobs” folders.
- Creates CMO, (Certificate of Material Origin), in job folder.
- Emails and faxes documents upon sales manager request, such as quotes, CMO’s, catalogue cuts, etc.
- Looks at Dailey Journal of Commerce and highlights new projects bids.
- Files completed job folders.
- Sales Staff Reports.
- Submit to Sales Manager weekly customer contact diaries.
- This job description can be modified by management in any time.
- This job description includes any other duties as assigned by management.
- The front desk position is responsible for the sale of concrete products or accessories and other associated products.